Sunday, May 17, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - and de-brief


Last week's Menu Planning worked well for me - I kept the list stuck on the fridge, and each day I knew that I had something to cook, and that the ingredients were in the cupboard. I still struggled a bit with pulling meat out of the freezer for each dinner ... but that is what microwaves are for, right??!?!
My little family loved the winter vegetable soup, and the roast chicken dinner. The carbonara pasta was equally a hit. Unfortunately Thursday was a disaster - my slow cooker decided to go REAL slow. Like, after 18 hours the meat was still chewy -- that kind of slow. So the beef & burgundy was ditched in favour of pizza, when it was discovered at 6pm that dinner was inedible. Other than that, it was a good week - and I now have an excuse to look for a new crock pot!
This week's menu plan is:

Monday - French onion soup with bacon and herb muffins

Tuesday - Chicken parmigiana with baked potato and veges

Wednesday - Devilled sausages with mash

Thursday - Beef stroganoff and rice

Friday - Chicken with roasted tomato and garlic sauce

Saturday - Marinated pork chops

Sunday - Roast beef with baked vegetables and gravy

Menu Plan Monday is hosted by Laura at www.orgjunkie.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!