Tuesday, February 19, 2008

WFMW - easier nappy changing


Do you have a 'roller' or a 'climber' on your hands? When you approach the change table do you just know that you are going to end up fastening the nappy 'on the run'?


It is now 5 weeks since I started running Family Day Care from our house, and I have the care of 3 little angels, all under the age of 2. (Yikes, how did that happen?!!?). I am learning some tricks pretty fast, I tell you!


My tips for making changing easier are:


1. Hang some windchimes (get them cheap at your local $2 shop), above the change table - up nice and high. Chime them when you put the child down, and re-tinkle whenever you have to!


2. Give the child a job to do. "Naomi, could you hold the nappy cream for me please?" (I keep an empty tube of cream so that I can still use cream without wrestling her for it.). Or "Could you get me 3 wipes out of the box please?" (Count to 3 with them -- otherwise you will end up with 23 wipes that can't be stuffed back through the dispenser!).


3. Bring a little toy with you, to keep little hands busy - but make sure that it is a plastic or wooden one that you can quickly rinse in anti-bacterial rinse afterwards. Stuffed toys are not good for this job!


4. Learn to fasten nappies up with the child standing (on the floor, of course). This is the last resort!


Now head over t0 Rocks In My Dryer for more great WFMW tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!