Thursday, October 16, 2008

The quilt show I mentioned...



I mentioned a quilt show that my Mum and I went to a couple of months ago. It was in a small town about 20 minutes south of us, and is the only quilting show that I know of in this area (other than the small display at the annual city's Show).




There were some spectacular quilts, in styles ranging from pretty vintage to strikingly modern. It was such an inspiration to see what other people in this area are doing with patchwork and quilting. I sighed and said to Mum "Won't it be great when the kids are grown up and I can sew all day??". To which she replied "You are still pregnant with one of them! You have a Loooooonnnggg way to go yet!!".




I am a vintage kind of gal, so you know which ones I fell in love with! Here are the photos....

I love the idea of a patchwork window scene and would like to try this concept myself one day.




And one of my cheeky monkey who loves having her photo taken and was such a good girl (after being bribed with the pikelets for morning tea!).




But to show that I haven't been totally craft-less these past few months, here is a photo of the butterfly cross-stitch that I have done for my part in a round robin. It is now winging its way (no pun intended) back to its owner in the US. I hope she likes it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!