Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Little Step - Saying 'Yes'!

Yesterday was definitely a tough Little Step. I wasn't entirely successful at it -- I have put off my big commitment, but somehow couldn't quite say 'no' altogether.

But today's is going to be much more fun... if we let it. Today's challenge is to say 'Yes' to something that you may normally not make the effort for. I think that today I am going to say Yes when Naomi asks to go to the park... I know she will ask. She asks most days. And I usually say no - it just seems like too much effort.

But today I am going to see her beautiful face light up, and the excitement bubble over, for a simple outing, and the joy of sliding down the slippery slide... just because I said 'Yes'.

Take a deep breath, let go of the negative thoughts and just say 'yes' when someone suggests something fun, or out of the ordinary today... and enjoy it!

4 comments:

  1. hmmm...had a little cry over this one! Loads of time i said No to the park...and now my little girl has moved to her Dad's :*(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to say 'yes' today to my daughter and I have a 'babycino' and muffin, we sat down together at Gloria Jeans and had a bit of time together, thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great 'yes', Rachel! I love Gloria Jeans muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taking Monet by surprise when I will say at the shopping mall, out of the blue "want an ice-cream?" Oh, the look is worth bottling. I'm usually a big 'No' mum, but once in a while, it is great to say 'Yes!'

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!